As COVID-19 wreaks havoc on lives and financial markets, we check in with our veteran High Yield Fixed Income team to learn which industries are being most affected, where there are opportunities and why High Yield may be considered 'cheap' right now.
Use the chapter button at the bottom right hand side of the player box to jump to a specific chapter.
- 0.56 - 2:53 - Market overview
- 2:53 - 4:54 - Is this event different to past downturns?
- 4:54 - 6:30 - The effect of the crisis on US leveraged credit markets
- 6:30 - 8:07 - Which specific industries are most vulnerable?
- 8:07 - 10:50 - Are we in a better or worse position overall leading into this current economic downturn?
- 10:50 - 12:06 - How has high yield historically performed following economic or credit bottoms?
- 12:06 - 14:57 - How have you adjusted the portfolios that you manage through this market volatility?
- 14:47 - 17:12 - How are you investing in the high yield market today?
This material has been prepared and issued by First Sentier Investors (Australia) IM Ltd (ABN 89 114 194 311, AFSL 289017) (Author). The Author forms part of First Sentier Investors, a global asset management business. First Sentier Investors is ultimately owned by Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc (MUFG), a global financial group. A copy of the Financial Services Guide for the Author is available from First Sentier Investors on its website.
This material contains general information only. It is not intended to provide you with financial product advice and does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before making an investment decision you should consider, with a financial advisor, whether this information is appropriate in light of your investment needs, objectives and financial situation. Any opinions expressed in this material are the opinions of the Author only and are subject to change without notice. Such opinions are not a recommendation to hold, purchase or sell a particular financial product and may not include all of the information needed to make an investment decision in relation to such a financial product.
To the extent permitted by law, no liability is accepted by MUFG, the Author nor their affiliates for any loss or damage as a result of any reliance on this material. This material contains, or is based upon, information that the Author believes to be accurate and reliable, however neither the Author, MUFG, nor their respective affiliates offer any warranty that it contains no factual errors. No part of this material may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written consent of the Author.